DAY 59: Phenomenal Woman

I finally found it! Thank you so much Nancy Santana  for sharing  this wonderful poem. I love it! and I love your blog! This poem has so much power in it, and words us woman ought to say out loud every now and then- to ourselfs, and to remind eachother. We´re all phenomenal women.  It´s all in our minds! How we see ourselfs! Consider this a large portion of confidence served- bon apetit ladies!

Phenomenal Woman
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them- They think I'm telling lies.
I say- It's in the reach of my arms,t he span of my hips, the stride of my step, the curl of my lips.
I'm a woman- Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman, That's me.
I walk into a room- Just as cool as you please,
And to a man -The fellows stand or fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me, ahive of honey bees.
I say, It's the fire in my eyes, and the flash of my teeth, the swing in my waist, And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman- Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman, That's me.
Men themselves have wondered -What they see in me.
They try so much, but they can't touch my inner mystery.
When I try to show them, they say they still can't see.
I say,It's in the arch of my back,  the sun of my smile, 
the ride of my breasts, the grace of my style.
I'm a woman -Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman, That's me.
Now you understand -Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about ,or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing, It ought to make you proud.
I say, It's in the click of my heels, the bend of my hair,
The palm of my hand, the need for my care.
'Cause I'm a woman- Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman, That's me.
—Maya Angelou

1 comment:

  1. Nydelig dikt, men det bildet var bare fantastisk! :D

    ReplyDelete

feel free to comment:)