DAY 80- Returning hate multiplies hate

I´m all about celebrating. I really am. But I see no reason to celebrate the death of a man. No matter how bad he may have been.
May 2, 2011 I woke up to the news of what was reported to be thousands of americans celebrating in the streets. They were all said to be smiling, dancing any carrying american flags. Like a national holiday actually, only that it wasn´t. Not this year at least, but judging from the celebration and the numbers of people who participated as the day progressed, next year might in fact be. In USA. For the rest of the world, it seems like we´re a bit more skeptical to the whole situation taking place. Osama Bin Laden, dead? Really? And killed by the americans(...) they´re celebrating in the streets (...)oh, that can´t be good 
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Like Martin Luther King, I believe that hate multiplies hate. I see no reason to celebrate. Osama was once too a little boy making his mommy smile and his father proud. Then he grew up, made memories, made friends. And family and friends tend to mourn when a loved one dies. They tend to get angry and seek revenge if the loved one is taken away from them on unfair grounds. And no matter how much we tell ourselfes that we were right to take his life, and by us, I mean the american gouvernment, I still don´t see his family and friends feeling that way ( ) Us, the so-called Western world have decided they´re all terrorists, Osama- his friends and family. And yes, the twintowers and the attac on America was bad. Really bad, horrible for those effected, but then again. Hate multiplies hate, and I for one- I do not see hate ending here. America got it´s revenge, what then, whan now? Are we making the world a better place, or are we making it a darker one?  I don´t have the answers to world peace, but for some reason- I don´t see this being it.

1 comment:

  1. Viktige tanker å sette på agenda.
    Skal ikke utdype denne saken, men JA, det er som det sies: Vold avler Vold.
    På den annen side: Kjærlighet bygger Kjærlighet.

    Er det så vanskelig å velge hva man bør gå for?
    Takk for dine innlegg!
    Fra Ingveig

    ReplyDelete

feel free to comment:)