DAY 108: weight-it all depends on how you see it

http://weheartit.com/entry/11390421


I was childishly exchited when I stepped on the scale this morning. I´de been looking foreward to it  in fact- and even though I didn´t want to, or plan to, I kind of betted on wheither I´de lost one or two kilos during my last endorsement. It didn´t even occur to me that gaining weight could be an option(...) I´ve done so well, I´ve stuck be the rules, and I actually feel more fit and stronger within myself than I´ve done in a very, very long time. I´ve been following my project slavishly on how to lose 6 kilos in 6 weeks, and still no result..(?)
- this must be wrong, I thought to myself as I tried to tip the scale in different directions, trying to alter the result in my favour- only to result in me getting higher numbers.
-what?, I continued to myself with a big grin on my nose. And then it struck me. This is what I was afraid of. Getting hung up in insignificant numbers, telling abselutely nothing about how I feel. So I´m going to stick with how I feel, and rethink the thoughts I had when I first started project 6.

"...I will not make it about the kilos. If I loose them- great- but this project within the project- for me, is really just about becomming a better version of myself again. A version that I can happily greet in the mirror every morning. That being said, a nuber can be a great indicator on whether i´m running down the right track or not, so to say, so i´l keep track. I´ll do the weight thing, but my focus will be on succeeding and enjoying the change within myself while sweating out the pounds..."

I feel great! And I´m going to continue the project, even though the scale isnot playing along just yet. After all, weight is just a number. And I don´t greet a number in the mirror every morgning, I see me, and a happy me is a beautiful me. So here´s to feeling good rather than weighing good. Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Hello! You are sooo right! I am trying to loose weight, but the scales are not really showing the loss I think I 'deserve'. However, I keep getting great comments from people and I FEEL so much better. The number on the scales isn't everything. I have realised I actually now LIKE going to the gym because of the way it makes med FEEL. Maybe THAT is what people are seeing...? Lykke til and keep up the good work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget the scale! Go by how you look and feel. I'm a new follower from Monday Mingle. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings!

    I'm now following you from the Monday Mingle Blog Hop! I love your blog and what you are doing, it gives me inspiration to do the same. I must stop by again and read more but, I'm looking forward to you visiting me at www.giftedpleasures.blogspot.com and www.youmeandthegoddess.blogspot.com and following me back also.

    Have a wonder-full day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Hey, new follower from MondayMingle. Thanks for linking up and I hope you have a great 4th of July! www.MeasuringFlower.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo!! I love how you have such a positive outlook. We all hope to loose the extra unwanted pounds, which to some comes easy. But do they feel good on the inside? Most of the time no. To me loosing weight is a journey. Learning to love yourself and your body. Knowing that even if the scales don't show you love right away, you can shake off the frustration, tell yourself that you did try your best and that you'll continue because you feel good! Confidence and love for ones self looks RADIANT on anyone!

    Looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to weight myself every day and then realized that I was obsessing about the numbers. Now I just tell by how I feel and if my clothes fit if I've lost or gained weight. New follower from the monday mindgle, have a great week! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intresting take on weight loss !! Keep it going :) Following from Monday Mingle Blog hop...tried to follow on GFC ...could not see the Follow spot. Will Follow by email instead:)

    ReplyDelete

feel free to comment:)