DAY 136: Discovering Ajahn Chah

http://weheartit.com/entry/11489454
If you have the time to breathe, you have the time to meditate, buddhist monk Ajahn Chah once said. I never even considered thinking about buddism, but then again, maybe I was wrong all along, maybe I should have. 
Finding Ajahn Chah, for me- is like finding a hidden treasure. I'm hoocked. On his thoughts, on his way of seeing the world. Not saying that I'm about to go all buddhist on you all, but wow.. there something to it. This thinking. Being grateful. Being sentered. I know next to nothing about it yet, but I will, and I will make it my new project. Discovering buddhism and figuring out if it is indeed for me. I don know. Yet, if it is, but I am indeed intrigued.  (....) One journey is sadly about to come to and end as we leave Sevilla and Spain. Today we're going back to every-day-life in Norway, and in a way, although sad, it also feels kinda good. A new journey is on it way, and for me, this one is all about discovering more about the mind and how to stay healthy in both body and thoughts. I'm excited. I will eat healthy ( I soooo did not stick to my no-carb lifestyle in Sevilla, Sevilla being one of the carb-capitals of the world- so hey, no judgements) I will work out (can't wait actually) and I will care for my mind and what thoughts I allow myself to keep in there. I will meditate, although I don't really knowhow to yet, and I will live more. Every day. Smile more. Every day. And be thankful. Every day. Last, but not least, I will try to figure out this buddhist thing, starting with quotes to not scare myself from trying-  easy quotes by Ajahn Chah- quotes that helps me puts
things and thought into place. And I'm here to share- so here you go- sharing my newfound wisdom through the words of a great, great thinker-

"Try to be mindful, and let things take their natural course. Then your mind will become still in any surroundings, like a clear forest pool. All kinds of wonderful, rare animals will come to drink at the pool, and you will clearly see the nature of all things. You will see many strange and wonderful things come and go, but you will be still. This is the happiness of the Buddha."

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I'm stopping by and following you from Thursdays Friends Cafe Blog Hop. I hope you'll check out my blog Frazzled Mama at http://frazzled-mama.com and follow me back.

    Hope you have a great rest of the week. And a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a new GFC follower who found you at the Thursday Friends Blog Hop. I would love it if you would follow me at Horseshoes via GFC:

    Tania @ http://www.cdnhorseshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete

feel free to comment:)